Saturday, March 18, 2017

Dave Whitlock - Great Waters Fly Fishing Expo

Photo Credit: www.davewhitlock.com

My youngest son and I attended the Great Waters Fly Fishing Expo in St Paul this morning.  We were very fortunate to spend a few minutes talking to Dave Whitlock!  Dave was gracious enough to autograph book markers for my two boys - and even one for me.

This sport is full of pretentious people, but Dave Whitlock is NOT one of them.  He spoke to my son like he knew him.  When we left the booth my son was so excited to have spent time with a true legend.

I ended up buying a color enhanced, personalized print of a smallie jumping <below>.

If you ever get a chance to speak with Dave or get some of his art you should jump at the chance.  Talented artist, great fly tyer and just a fantastic person.


No comments:

Post a Comment