Sunday, June 4, 2017

Chequamegon Bay Trip 2017

Well...my trip to Ashalnd Wisconsin to fish the Chequamegon Bay was excellent again this year.  My youngest son came along and had a blast.  The trip was one of my highlights of my life too.  Captain Luke Kavajecz is not only a fantastic guide he is a great teacher!  He took my son under his wing and showed him the in's and out's of casting a fly rod, he also knew when to switch my son over to a spinning rod.  Making that switch to conventional gear was a good move as we all know how frustrating a fly rod can be when you are just learning.

My son had a ball casting plastic grubs while I spend the day casting the Murdich Minnow.  The fish were very healthy and fought hard.

We had a beautiful day out there with temps into the low 70's.  The wind was not even a big factor!

If you want to hire out a guide for the trip of a lifetime you should call Luke and get on his schedule.







No comments:

Post a Comment