Monday, September 6, 2010

Fly Box Hero - Ward Bean


Ward Bean of www.warmwaterflytyer.com is definitely one of my biggest Fly Box Heroes. Ward's site is quite possibly the best online fly tying resource out there. A top notch fly tyer and pattern designer, Ward Bean has made fly tying a whole bunch easier for thousands of people. Ward's site reignited my love for fly tying after a decade long break. For that I will be forever grateful!

This sport would be nothing without guys like Ward, Joe Cornwall, Bob Clouser, Art Scheck.... I just hope one day that my name will be mentioned alongside guys like Ward.

Ward Bean is a retired community college instructor and lives in Council Bluffs, Iowa. Many of Ward's articles have appeared in Fly Tyer Magazine. Ward is also currently a member of the Whiting Farms Pro Staff. ( This is a group of tiers that Whiting uses to test products and create new uses for their hackle.)

No comments:

Post a Comment