Thursday, February 18, 2010

Clouser's Books


If you fly fish for smallmouth bass you should really own these books. Clouser gives up all of his "secrets" in Fly-Fishing for Smallmouth in Rivers and Streams. Everything from reading streams, casting, gear, flies and even river highlights from around the country. The St Croix River was featured for Minnesota---The St Croix is less than 1/2 mile from my front door!

Clouser's Flies tells you how to tie ALL of Clouser's patterns. Great pictures and step-by-step instructions, you cannot go wrong with this book.

Bob Clouser is a great man. I spoke with him on the phone a few months back, you'd have to look long and hard to find a nicer person. He guy is a legend and knows his stuff, but it never went to his head like it does with so many of the other "experts."



1 comment:

  1. I'm looking for a great box to store my clousers and poppers in...do you have any favorites? I need something deep for odd sizes...
    thanks.

    ReplyDelete